The chemistry programme has been carefully planned to give the students a strong foundation in the theory and application of Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry. They are also given adequate exposure to Molecular Spectroscopy, Biochemistry and related topics. The department offers a large variety of elective courses keeping in mind the need of students who wish to go in for further studies, research or work in industry. The Department organizes National and International Seminars, Workshops and Conferences which give students exposure to recent trends in the field of chemistry and also provide opportunities for academicians, research scholars, renowned scientists, entrepreneurs and students to come together for meaningful scientific interaction.
- To impart quality chemistry education on par with international standards.
- To develop psychomotor skills for accurate and precise laboratory work.
- To train students to become employable / entrepreneurs.
- To develop a thirst for higher education and research.
- To inculcate positive personality traits through classroom experiences.
- To train students to share their expertise in Chemistry with the community.