About IQAC Cell
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established at MASS COLLEGE OF ART& SCIENCE , Kallapuliyur, Kumbakonam on july, 2018. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC should be a part of the institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The IQAC has to make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase through channelizing the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institute.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in Institute
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA) in the prescribed format
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Institute based on the AQAR
The IQAC has evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for students
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institute
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
|1.||Dr. K. Saravanan||Chairperson|
|2.||Mr. S. Rajini||Coordinator|
|3.||Dr. Nisha Thundiyil||Member|
|4.||Dr. M. Manimozhi||Member|
|5.||Dr. V. Lalitha||Member|
|6.||Dr. P. R. Santhi||Member|
|7.||Dr. R. Mathialagan||Member|
|8.||Mr. N. Gunasekaran||Member|
|9.||Dr. G. Vikram -Academic Expert||Member|
|10.||Mr. R. Ravikumar – Local body||Member|
Plan of Action
- To conduct the meeting at the beginning of each semester (Twice in a year)
- Prime agenda of the meeting would be review based planning of academic policies for the sustainable growth of the Institute
- To develop a monitoring system for quality assurance of the policies
- To prepare a detailed Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) at the end of the academic year and submit the same to Governing Body/University.
- To organize an interactive session with faculty members following the guidelines given by Governing Body, College Academic Council (CAC) and Departmental Advisory Committee (DAC) to strengthen the Teaching Learning process.
- Preparation and release of guidelines regarding all Academic activities before the commencement of Semester
- To coordinate the process of online feedback from students about Teaching-Learning process in respective classes and communicate the assessment of the same to respective faculty members and Department
To help the Departments in monitoring following activities
- Add on content-Theory & Lab
- Remedial classes
- Make up tests
- Collection of teaching outcome feedback (course assessment) from students at the end of the semester
- Collection of exit feedback from final year students at the end of the academic year
To help the Departments/professional bodies in collection and analysis of feedback from
- Industry Experts/Academicians who are visiting the college
- Executives of professional bodies.
- Discipline and Antiragging
- Central facilities
- Grivience redressal
- Student Activity Centre
- Training and Placement, career guidance and entrepreneurship development