Year of Establishment: 2004-2005 | Accredited by the NAAC With 'B' Grade with CGPA: 2.85 out of 4
MASS College of Education is situated on the Chennai Highway, 6km from Kumbakonam. The total area is 1.37 acres. It is run by M.A.S. Subbaiah Chettiar Educational and Charitable Trust. The College is a Co-Educational Institution with a built-in area of 38,000 sq.ft and with fully equipped Labs.
Our MASS College of Education has been functioning successfully since 2004 with the required permission of Tamilnadu State Government, NCTE and Bharathiasan University Trichy. From 2008-09 onwards it has been affiliated to Tamilnadu Teachers Education University, Chennai 600 005. (College Code No: 12014).The annual intake of students in B.Ed., is 200.
Twelve sets of well trained teachers have successfully completed their course and 96% of them have secured first class in both Theory & Practical examinations. This has become possible because of the efficient training given by our fully qualified and experienced lecturers under the proper guidance of our experienced principal.
To add a feather to the cap, M.Ed Course has been started from the year 2007-08. 25 Students have been admitted in the beginning after obtaining necessary permission from NCTE. Subsequently the number has been increased to 35.
The intake of students in M.Ed., is 50, Totally 250 students has been admitted every per year.
The college has been Accredited by the NAAC With 'B' Grade with CGPA: 2.85 out of 4.
- "The highest quality transfer education through comprehensive curriculum and use of the latest technology."
- Innovative student catered teaching and support services to foster students personal and social development
- Building leadership qualities and organizing skills of future teachers by making them organize extra-curricular and co-curricular activities on their own.
- Academic advising career/employment services, transfer services, counseling services, tutoring services and an array of many activities.
- Making them realize their full responsibilities as a teacher inside the class room as well as outside the class room in the larger context of the society.
- Facilitating the expression of their creativity by helping them to make wealth from waste and to prepare the improvised teaching aide.
- Training should be given how to give guidance and counseling to school students.
- Usage of ICT arranges rural students and to train them to use and develop ICT based learning materials.
- An awareness of and concern about the ethical implication of institutional policies and individual practices. An understanding of themselves their abilities interests and personalities.
- An awareness of the diverse forces that shape their world and themselves in order to keep pace with the changing society.
- To develop in service programs which explore and implement new pedagogy and technology.
- Provide a wide variety of professional development programs supporting individual, departmental and college-wide professional development.
- Continue to seek funds for scholarship assistance to students and for faculty grants.Develop resources and services to support the needs of remote users.
- Encourage faculty and staff to take active roles in various local & national community services, festivals and professional organization.
- Provide a program of intercultural exchange including musical performance, lectures, literary publications and readings.
- Generating employment opportunities for trainees by inviting schools in and around to conduct the campus interviews. Contributing the society by providing solution through research activities.
MASS College of Education
Chennai Salai, Kallapuliyur Village
Mobile: +91 9488012299
Fax: 0435 - 2453399