A comfortable and spacious seating arrangement provides a complete academic atmosphere in each library where students can sit and concentrate. The catalogue of books helps students to identify their needs and quick reference. It is updated regularly as the new books are added. A Display Board has also been provided in the Library where students can view interesting articles and news-clippings directly.
Much more than a library, access to online resources, and varied software packages, (including Photoshop on a limited number of machines) and the Microsoft Office Suite. There are five multi-functional devices in the LRC which function as printers (both black and white and color), photocopiers.
As well as the physical resources available in the Library there are also lots of online resources which the Library provides via the Library Portal. This means that students can access e-books, subscription websites, online journals, magazine databases and other online resources, both from Inside College and from home, to help with study and support teaching and learning. Library staff can show users how to access these resources. MASS College offer full e-learning support to all students.
The library working hours are 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. on all weekdays and Saturdays. The library is closed on Sundays and all Public holidays.
Admission to the Library
- All staffs and students are members of the library.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library.
- Students/staffs should sign in the Gate Register while entering into the library.
- Complete silence is to be observed inside the library.
- All members of the library are entitled to produce their ID card when the library staffs demand for checking. Books will be issued only on production of ID card.
- Damage and misuse of Library materials and equipments is not allowed.
- Library is functioning under Open Access System.
- The arrangement of chairs and other furniture in the reading area should not disturb.
- Non- Adherence to any of the rules or any other malpractices by any member shall involve withdrawal of library facilities in accordance with the instructions of the Principal.
- Transfer certificate will be issued only after the production of No Due Certificate from the Librarian.
Every department can borrow few books for ready reference. Only those books, which have more than one copy, can be issued to the department against the signature of the departmental head. If single copy, will be kept in reference section only. All the departmental books would be available in the department for ready reference. A proper record will have to be kept by the department for these books and department will be responsible for them.
Books Issues and Returns
- While borrowing the book, the member must make sure that the book is in good condition and the page numbers are intact.
- The staff/students are entitled to return the books as and when they are called by the librarian.
- If a book is not returned when due, another book will not be issued.
- The books borrowed from the library are to be returned within 15 days or on or before the due date specified on the due date slip pasted in the front page of the books. If the book is retained beyond the due date, a time of 1 rupee per day will be collected.
- If a book is lost by the borrower, it should be immediately informed to Librarian in writing and the same should be traced and replaced within 15 days from the due date.
- If the borrower is not able to replace the book for the book lost within two weeks, they have to pay the cost of the book in five times. If a book is replaced, current edition of the book with bill will only be accepted.
- Reference books will not be issued.
- Non-book materials like CD and Floppy are also issued on Overnight issue.
- The borrower shall be responsible for any loss caused to the library documents borrowed.
- Borrowers ticket (Library Card) is not transferable strictly to the students and staffs.
- If a borrower ticket is lost by the borrower, the students should be immediately informed in writing and the same should be traced. After that duplicate borrower ticket will be issued against charged.