Department of Computer Science Engineering
Computer engineering is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in computer systems. Computer scientists invent algorithmic processes that create, describe, and transform information and formulate suitable abstractions to model complex systems.
The Course for the Diploma in Computer Engineering shall extend over a period of three academic years, consisting of 6 semesters and the first year is common to all engineering branches.
- For I year-Passed 10th/SSC/Matric /CBSC/ANGLO.
- For II year (Lateral entry) -Passed 12th science with Vocational/ Technical (or) 10th + (2 years I.T.I) with appropriate specialization.
- To teach advanced levels with due exposure to the latest innovations and advancement in these fields.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of programming languages syntax and semantics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of elements of computer hardware, architecture, assembly language, software systems. and operating systems.
- Understand the relationship between computer science and the liberal arts.
- Understand and appreciate the social and ethical implications of computing.